Advanced pharmacy practice resources
- Extended? Advanced? What’s the difference? Australian Pharmacist feature article, pp. 74-75. Apr 2015.
- Understanding advanced and extended professional practice. Australian Pharmacist, pp. 76-79. Apr 2015.
- Australian Pharmacy Council. Advanced and extended pharmacy practice. An environmental snapshot. Sep 2013.
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Framework Steering Committee. An advanced pharmacy practice framework for Australia. Oct 2012.
- A bigger journey for the profession. Australian Pharmacist cover story. Sep 2012.
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society Faculty. The RPS advanced pharmacy framework (APF). 2013.
- The development of the RPS advanced pharmacy framework. A report of the processes, methods and findings with plans for future work. Jul 2013.
- Joint Partners Credentialing Task group (JPCT). Professional recognition and professional advancement: for our practitioners, for our profession and for our patients. Feb 2013. (Evidence-based recommendations on credentialing of practitioners.)
- Office of the Chief Pharmacist, US Public Health Service. Improving patient and health system outcomes through advanced pharmacy practice. A report to the US Surgeon General. Dec 2011.
- UK Competency Development and Evaluation Group (CoDEG). Advanced to consultant level framework. A developmental framework for pharmacists progressing to advanced levels of practice. 2009.
Other competency standards-related resources
- Mapping tool – 2010 to 2016 competency standards frameworks. 2017.
- National competency standards framework for pharmacists in Australia. 2016.
- Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association. Pharmacy standards review project: Final report for the Pharmacy Practitioner Development Committee. Mar 2015.
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Framework Steering Committee. Mapping of pharmacists’ competency standards for the administration of vaccines. Sep 2013.
- Australian Association of Consultant Pharmacy. AACP competency map – medication management reviews. 2012.
- NPS: Better choices, Better health. Competencies required to prescribe medicines: putting quality use of medicines into practice. Sydney: National Prescribing Service Limited; 2012.
- Professional practice profile for initial registration as a pharmacist. A customised tool of entry-level competencies incorporating guidance on Pharmacy School and Intern Training Provider contributions. Dec 2011.
- National competency standards framework for pharmacists in Australia. 2010.
- Queensland Health General Level Framework. Version 4. May 2009.
- Pharmacy Council of New Zealand. Competence standards for the pharmacy profession. 2014.
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society. RPS foundation pharmacy framework. A framework for professional development in foundation practice across pharmacy. Jan 2014.
- The Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland. Core competency framework for pharmacists. 2013.
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society. Leadership competency framework for pharmacy professionals. 2011.
- Pharmacy Council of New Zealand. Pharmacist prescriber: prescribing competency framework and standards. 2010.
- UK Competency Development and Evaluation Group (CoDEG). A competency framework for pharmacy practitioners: General level. Sep 2010.
- FIP Pharmacy Education Taskforce. A global competency framework. 2012.
- Council on Credentialing in Pharmacy. Scope of contemporary pharmacy practice: roles, responsibilities, and functions of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Washington DC: CCP; 2009.
- UK National Prescribing Centre. Maintaining competency in prescribing. An outline framework to help pharmacist prescribers. 2nd ed. Oct 2006.